Full-Time and Per Diem Teacher Hiring Process:
a. Complete application
c. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (with email addresses)
e. Copy of Valid Teaching Certification document(s)
3. Candidates interested in registering as a Per Diem should email the Substitute Management Division at firstname.lastname@example.org
If a full-time vacancy becomes available you will be contacted via email by the Director of Recruitment.
4. Candidate's name is forwarded to building principals.
5. Building Principals determine who they will call in for an interview.
6. Principals submit recommendation to HCI Director, who then contacts the candidate for hire.
7. Once the candidate is hired, he/she will be required to complete all necessary forms before employment occurs.
Click on a Category to display the available job postings.
Did you remember to upload the following documents in order to complete your application?
Documents may be uploaded under the upload files tab of your application.
- Resume & Cover Letter
- NYS Teaching Certification (if applicable)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Evidence of Fingerprint Clearance (from online TEACH account)
Also, please contact your college and have your official transcript(s) mailed to:
Director of Recruitment and HCI Communications
Rochester City School District
131 West Broad St
Rochester, NY 14614
The Rochester City School District provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Rochester City School District complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the District has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Supporting Education through Quality and Diversity.